Whats my jersey number on my football team?

Tuesday 2 November 2010

Dove Campaign

First of all, I love Dove. Not because of this campaign. Simply because I use the soap bar twice every day :). Now I just saw the Dove Campaign. I like the idea of how Dove is trying to increase the self esteem of insecure girls. I love the idea of how they are trying to make everyone confident. In fact, they even said "Imagine a world where the beauty is the source of confidence". Isn't that amazing? WAIT. Beauty? That's what irritated me. Dove here is not only trying to make the females of the world more confident, but they are also trying to sell their product because Dove can make women prettier. But the fact that they talk about beauty makes the viewers think that if you are beautiful, you will have more confidence. Now, I know many pretty friends who have self esteem issues. Your self esteem won't increase if you look prettier. I personally think a girl should have character, personality, and caring in order to be confident.



Then the girl says that she hates her dimples because people make fun of it, causing her self esteem to go down. Sure thing, if someone makes fun of my eyes (my eyes aren't weird, I'm just going to give an example :P, my eyes are rather sexy), I'm obviously going to be down and have less confidence. After that girl explained her issue with dimples, the other girl said that "I like your dimples and it makes you look beautiful". That is a compliment that is helping the low self esteemed girl to gain confidence. So if the world can just compliment each other, why do we need a Dove Movement??

No comments:

Post a Comment