Whats my jersey number on my football team?

Tuesday 14 September 2010

Supersize Me Review

You know, the documentary is trying to show the bad sides of McDonald's, and okay I can agree that McDonald's wouldn't be the healthiest of meals to eat. Indeed, eating fries everyday would increase cholesteral and eating McDonald's everyday would increase the chances of getting Diabetes. But I am really dissapointed with the documentary. I think it was well filmed and had good facts but the aspect I didn't like in the documentary was that the main guy was targeting McDonald's for many health issues in America. Yes the food that is provided in McDonald's is not healthy and almost everything has sugar in it. But you want to know what the main cause of all these health issues like diabetes and high cholesterol? Its responsibility, the lack of it. People are just not responsible and they don't care about the food that they are eating. I'm sure they all know that McDonalds is unhealthy but yet they go and eat it everyday. And even if they don't know its unhealthy, its not McDonald's fault. McDonald's didn't tell people to come every day, its just that their products were tasty which attracted customers to come regularly. You really can't blame McDonald's this, because what they are doing is simply business. Targeting McDonald's was at fault here, the guy should have targeted the people. It is completely irresponsible if someone would just eat at McDonald's, see that they are getting health problems, and suffer for it. They should have seen it coming.

I'm not being biased because many of you may think I am due to the fact that I love McDonald's. People just need to understand that in order to survive healthily, they have to be responsible. That's it.

Oh and, I suggest you guys check out this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9ajRIgTJNAY
Yes, I am loving it and I would always fight for my fries!!!

Now that is just my point of view. But I have seen several articles that made a review of the movie. The first article that I saw came from the New York Times. This article had supported the documentary, stating that the McDonald's corporation is responsible for the American epidemic of obesity. This article had praised Mr. Spurlock's documentary, as it had notified the American society that one of the primary causes for obesity in  the US is coming from Fast Foods. Now the second article first criticizes Morgan Spurlock, stating that he wanted his movie and that he got it. It later on says that "Supersize Me" shows that eating too much of food makes you gain weight, which I think everyone in this world should know. The article later on states about how since the 70's, people have taken in more calories on average. That basically states that whatever you eat, you are anyways going to take in more calories since people today eat more than what people ate in the 70's. In addition, the article was also defending corporations, which makes it seem a little more biased. However, the article really focuses on the fact that its not fast foods that are the only things that make people obese, but its also that people don't do enough exercise. Now if you ask me which article I prefer, I would choose none. I feel that the second article is a little too biased. It has to be clear to the media that the fast foods are unhealthy, especially if you are taking in fries and burgers everyday. Those things can cause you to get high cholesterol! The New York Times Article, I don't really like it because its blaming McDonald's for all the health issues and that is not true. Yes you may think I am contradicting myself but what I am really trying to say is that people cannot think that McDonald's is healthy and people cannot think that McDonald's is the cause for their health issues. Fries and hamburgers, are unhealthy and if you eat it everyday, not only are you going to get FAT, but you are also going to get health issues. BUT WHO SAID THAT YOU HAVE TO EAT THAT EVERYDAY?! You don't, and if you do, its your responsibility. Some people may not be able to cook, but heck there are SO many fast food restaurants in the United States, why can't people choose the variety they are given?

1 comment:

  1. Falak, this is a good start, but it doesn't really follow the directions of the assignment. Which review did you agree with more? Mrs. B

    ReplyDelete