Whats my jersey number on my football team?

Sunday 26 September 2010

Anyone Else To Blame?

After watching Supersize Me, I debated with several people in the class on who is responsible for the health issues in the United States (health issues as in high cholesterol, diabetes, etc.) But just right now, I finished my International Relations reading, in which I read a chapter about Transnational and International Organizations. But I was alerted when I began reading about the transnational companies. Transnational companies are companies that have branches outside their home country. As I further read on into the section, I came to realize that transnational companies have more power than governments. After all, transnational companies can evade taxation or any sort of governmental control by reducing their transfer prices. If government cannot tax companies, how are the governments taking control? In fact, political analysts even concluded that governments are losing power to the transnational companies. What I am trying to say here is that maybe governments should also be a part of the blame for all the health issues in the United States that are occurring due to unhealthy foods. If the governments took more control of the fast foods and put more regulations, maybe they can make the difference. Quit blaming McDonald's Mr. Spurlock, they are not the only ones responsible for the health issues. Its the powerless government that also should be held responsible.

No comments:

Post a Comment